ADVERTISEMENT

George Orwell Quotes

I thought some of these were interesting -

George Orwell quotes​

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face -- forever."
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
"WAR IS PEACEFREEDOM IS SLAVERYIGNORANCE IS STRENGTH."
"Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past."
"Myths which are believed in tend to become true."
"Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness"
"The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it."
"A dirty joke is a sort of mental rebellion."
"Whoever is winning at the moment will always seem to be invincible."
"Early in life I had noticed that no event is ever correctly reported in a newspaper."
https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/javascript:void(0);

Simple Solution

for the police:
1. Show your gun out. Still throwing rocks?
2. 1 shot over the thrower's head. Still throwing rocks?
3. 1 shot to the middle of the chest. Not able to throw more rocks or anything else.

Find that too brutal? Simple solution, don't throw rocks.
Mayor does not like that? Find more people to be police. Some of the current force has resigned.

The real Fauci movie free

Been watchining it for about 30 minutes. So far is very good.

Todays PC

I used to have a weekly thread that listed questions I wish the Press would ask during the Tuesday PC. I tire of the "please tell us about the development of Nick Tarburton as a Sr. Leader type questions. No better time to bring it back than a week after a loss:) So here we go:

On a quick side note: Do the Bama press always say hi to Saban and ask how he is doing? Also, could ass kissing Ben Jones please stop with the silly intro's every time. This is a Billion Dollar Business and our press acts like it is a weekend at Disney Land.

Anyway:

1. James, what is the reason that we seem to take no shots down field in our passing game. Is that a scheme issue or can our WR and QB not make that happen.
2. Is there a chance that Curtis Jacobs and Abdul Carter could get on the field at the same time?
3. Do your analytics really say to alternate a kicker for kick offs? Does #99 actually kick the ball in bounds at practice that you keep giving him a chance?

Russian men being pulled off the street to go to war

Russia must be winning the War.

Russian authorities are apparently grabbing many able-bodied men off the streets — including cafes, restaurants, and workplaces — to replenish their military manpower in the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, according to The Washington Post.

After Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the "partial mobilization" of the country's military reservists last month, an estimated 300,000 men and their families fled the country to seek refuge from being drafted into the conflict.

But Russian authorities are now reportedly rounding up ordinary men, in virtually any place where they can find them assembled.

Senile Joe to the rescue: another big release from the national oil reserve right before mid-term elections

Predictable as sunrise: 10-15 million additional barrels, which continues the historic drawdown of the reserve to levels last seen 40 years ago...all in a desperate attempt to save Dem-Media from its appointment with destiny on November 8.

What they've done to our country these last two years has been criminal...and I use the word "criminal" advisedly.

If the bastards aren't swept from both houses of Congress in three weeks, we'll know that the American citizenry has finally answered the question posed by a woman to Ben Franklin as he exited the constitutional convention in 1787 regarding what type of government had been devised by Franklin and his colleagues. Franklin's answer: "A republic...if you can keep it."

Well we kept it for 230 years or so...but all good things must come to an end...

Sinema in speech at McConnell Center says 60-vote Senate threshold should be restored

I agree with Ms. Sinema. Fix what Harry Reid f'd up.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3661307-sinema-60-vote-senate-threshold-should-be-restored/

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) on Monday said the Senate should reinstate the 60-vote threshold for all judicial and executive branch nominees.

Sinema made the comments during a Q&A session following a speech at the McConnell Center at the University of Louisville. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) introduced the Arizona moderate at the event.

“Not only am I committed to the 60-vote threshold, I have an incredibly unpopular view. I actually think we should restore the 60-vote threshold for the areas in which it has been eliminated already. We should restore it,” Sinema said to cheers from some attendees.

“Not everyone likes that,” Sinema continued to laughs, “because it would make it harder for us to confirm judges and it would make it harder for us to confirm executive appointments in each administration, but I believe that if we did restore it, we would see more of that middle ground in all parts of our governance, which is what, I believe, our forefathers intended.”

The 60-vote threshold for non-Supreme Court judicial nominations and executive branch nominees was ended when then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and Senate Democrats invoked the so-called “nuclear option” in 2013. McConnell and Republicans went a step further and did so for Supreme Court nominees in 2017 during the confirmation process of Justice Neil Gorsuch.

Wow. Obama being rational.

Barack Obama takes shot at cancel culture, rips ‘buzzkill’ Democrats in interview​

https://nypost.com/2022/10/15/barack-obama-blasts-cancel-culture-calls-dems-buzzkill/

“And what works for I think everybody, is the idea of a basic equal treatment and fairness. That’s an argument that’s compatible with progress on social issues and compatible with economic interests,” he said.

“I think where we get into trouble sometimes is where we try to suggest that some groups are more – because they historically have been victimized more – that somehow they have a status that’s different than other people and we’re going around scolding folks if they don’t use exactly the right phrase,” Obama said. “Or that identity politics becomes the principle lens through which we view our various political challenges.”

Republicans Would Love To See Biden Hit the Campaign Trail

Would enjoy watching him expose himself and his party as racists all while calling everyone else racists........

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a..._see_biden_hit_the_campaign_trail_148338.html

President Biden will travel to Rehoboth, Delaware, this weekend – not Arizona or Ohio or Nevada or anywhere else where his party desperately battles on behalf of candidates critical to maintaining Democratic control of the U.S. Senate.

Republicans couldn’t be happier to point out the obvious: A president whose job approval rating is under water is not in high demand in the stretch run of the midterm elections.

“Joe Biden's unpopularity follows him wherever he goes,” Ronna McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, told RealClearPolitics, “and Democrats know their unwavering loyalty to Biden is their biggest liability.”

White House strategists read the same public opinion polling Republicans do. According to the RealClearPolitics Average, for instance, more Americans disapprove of the president’s job handling, 53.7%, than approve, 43.3%. The fear among Democrats is that a party leader with those numbers may do more harm than good if he hits the campaign trail on behalf of a candidate struggling to pick up or maintain a seat in Congress.

By contrast, Republicans would love to see more of him. One senior GOP strategist practically invited the president to rally on behalf of his vulnerable colleagues, offering to lay out “a welcome mat, an open sign, or even a red carpet: whatever it takes to get Joe Biden on the road for down ballot Democrats.” This isn’t likely to happen, the strategist joked, because Biden “is as a toxic as your last relationship.”

50% Off B1G+ Annual School Pass until 10/21

I just got an email that B1G+ is giving 50% off their annual school pass until 10/21 with coupon code PENNSTATE22. That makes it $40 for the full year, which is about the same as 4 months of the monthly school pass. So if you're planning on getting the PSU school pass of B1G+ for the wrestling season, you can just do it now and get 8 months fee.

Just make sure to turn auto-renew off.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT